voip newbie - some really basic questions

Von: SteveN (stv.nelson1@gmail.com) [Profil]
Datum: 20.04.2010 15:51
Newsgroup: uk.telecom
I am a volunteer with a non-profit working between the US and
Bolivia.  I am looking for ways to cut the costs of making phone calls
between land lines and/or cell phones in one country and land lines
and/or cell phones in the other country.  Is it is possible to set up
a server in our office that would act as a switchboard, and a person
could call into this computer and then put in the number of the land
line or cell phone in the other country and the computer would connect
over the Internet to a similar computer in the office in the other
country and from there the computer would dial and connect to the
local land/cell phone.

If this is not the correct group/forum for this question or you know
of a better group to ask, please direct me accordingly.  I have just
started this research and I don't really know where/how to begin or if
this is possible to do this, so thanks for your patience and your help
in getting me started.

[ Auf dieses Posting antworten ]