Who is a Christian?

Von: Hiscoming (salvationnow@kingdom.com) [Profil]
Datum: 18.01.2010 12:46
Newsgroup: uk.singles
Who is a Christian?

The questions are often asked, "Who is a Christian? How do I know a
Christian if I meet one? Does Matthew, Luke, Mark, John or Paul go for a
Christian? Is everyone who preaches the word of God a Christian? Is everyone
who raises up his hand in response to a preacher's call to repentance a
Christian? Does everyone who passes through the church isle to the altar go
for a Christian? Are all those in church pews during church services
Christians? Who is a Christian? Finally you may ask, "Am I a Christian?"

A soul winner on evangelism met a drunk drifting down a lane. In his attempt
to help him to discover the true purpose of living, he asked, "Are you a
Christian?" The answer came quick and sharp "What do you think I am? A
pagan?" This is a pitiful point.

A brilliant preacher full of energy and zeal got the pass mark of his
congregation. But his life at home showed a pattern of pride and jealousy
found in the fallen angel - Lucifer.

A gifted and talented lady-soloist sings like an angel and prays like a
prophet but she talks and acts with thunder and volcano in her voice. Her
red-hot temper, contentiousness and confusion are marks of her presence at
home or at work. Are these Christians? A Niagara of stormy words is an
indication of absence of Christ in the heart.

Being a Christian is not a new label; It is a new life. The word 'Christian'
first occurred in the New Testament. It was not in the Old Testament. "The
disciples were called Christians first in Antioch" Acts 11:26. From the
first use of the word, the true meaning and the significance of the word
become clear. Disciples were called Christians.

'Disciple' is a prominent word in the New Testament. It did not have any
place in the Jewish Religion. One of the disciples in Antioch referred to as
a Christian was in Jews' religion (Galatians 1:13) before he became a
Christian. Living by the Mosaic code of "ordinance, touch not, taste not,
handle not", the ceremonial washing in holy water and ignorance of the true
discipleship and Christianity. CHRISTIANITY CENTRES ON JESUS CHRIST - HIS
LOVE, LIFE AND LIGHT. A CHRISTIAN THEREFORE IS THE PERSON WHO LIVES THE LIFE
OF CHRIST AS REVEALED IN THE NEW TESTAMENT.

The New Testament opens with Jesus Christ who saves from sin (Matthew 1:21)
and closes with Jesus Christ the King who will come quickly - Revelation
22:20. Christ died to make you a Christian. He did not have to die to make
you a church-goer; you can do that on your own. But you cannot overcome sin
in your natural human nature. Christ died to suffer for you - through
Christ's merit. If you confess your sins and ask for pardon and grace you
will be forgiven. Peace and joy will come into your heart. You will never be
the same again. Christ died to make you live - through definite faith in His
precious Blood, your heart and life is changed. Christ died to reconcile you
to God. Through His meritorious sacrifice, a love relationship is
established between you and God. Christ died to give you a new heart, and
life like His. You can only enjoy a new heart at the expense of another.

The Christian life radiates the beauty of Christ's lifestyle - humility,
obedience, love, integrity and newness of life. Check up if you are a
Christian. If not, why not? "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for
whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap" Galatians 6:7. Remember
that, "not everyone that saith unto me Lord, Lord, shall enter into the
kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in
Heaven."

You can decide to confess your sins to God today and repent - make a
wholehearted change of life. Ask for pardon from God in the Name of Jesus -
Only one Mediator between God and man, the Man Christ Jesus - I Timothy 2:5.
Believe God for His mercy. Changed and transformed, begin to live a
Christian life.

Pray everyday especially before you go out in the morning and before you
sleep in the evening. Read the Bible everyday especially in the morning
before you begin the day and before you sleep in the evening. Be in
fellowship with Bible-believing Christians. Be conscious of the presence of
Jesus EVERYTIME; therefore, do not do whatever will displease Him.