The Ways of the Lord

Von: Hiscoming (salvationnow@kingdom.com) [Profil]
Datum: 08.01.2010 21:13
Newsgroup: uk.singles
The Ways of the Lord

Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? prudent, and he shall
know them? for the ways of the LORD are right, and the just shall walk in
them: but the transgressors shall fall therein. Hosea 14:9

Putting faith into action: This is the key message of the last verse in
Hosea's book. The prophet warned that it wasn't enough to hear prophecies or
read the words of God. None of this mattered...unless we put these words
into practice.

Hosea said that the difference between the righteous and transgressors could
be boiled down to how they react to the "ways of the Lord." The key is
obedience! Faithfulness! The only way to demonstrate we're "righteous" is to
obey God's Word and walk in His ways.

If we find ourselves stumbling, this can be an indication that we're not
living in line with His Word. Stumbling suggests that we're not sure or
confident, or that we're off-balanced, tripping, and falling.

The way to stop stumbling is to place your confidence in God, not in
yourself or the world. You must trust in Him and be filled with His
strength. Humble yourself, and let Him guide you. Then you will receive His
anointing and favour.

In the New Testament, James reached a similar conclusion when he wrote that
"faith without works is useless" James 2:20. It is through faith and
obedience that we receive God's blessings.

How are you reacting to "the ways of the Lord"? Are you letting the world
shape your thoughts? Or have you dedicated your life to obeying God?
Remember that His ways "are right," and seek to "walk in them." Don't
be
distracted or deceived by the world's short-term wisdom or its temporary
pleasures. Commit your life to God and put His Word into action!

Pray:
Father, I commit my ways to You. Direct my path. Lead and guide me by Your
Spirit. Help my life to be an example to others, and use me to impact them
for the Gospel. In Jesus' name. Amen.