HOW TO COME TO GOD

Von: Hiscoming (salvationnow@kingdom.com) [Profil]
Datum: 10.01.2010 18:55
Newsgroup: uk.singles
HOW TO COME TO GOD

The central theme of the New Testament is God' love for you as an
individual. This love was revealed through Christ's coming into the world
and living among men. His dying on the cross and rising from the dead.

Through Christ's death God offers you forgiveness for your sins, and through
His resurrection the promise of everlasting life. Christ died and rose again
for the whole world, but for you to come to God is an individual matter. The
only way to establish a personal relationship with God is to accept Jesus
Christ's offer of forgiveness and everlasting life.

The following scripture passages show God's part and yours. Read each verse
and believe it, for it is the Word of God speaking to you.

GOD'S LOVE REVEALED
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that
whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16
God loves you and all mankind. He wants to bless your life and make it full
and complete. He offers you not only an abundant life here and now, but a
life which is eternal - His very own life.

MAN IS SINFUL
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23
The saying, "We are just human - nobody is perfect", is biblically sound.
When we acknowledge this truth, we can see our separation from God, for He
is holy.

SIN HAS A PENALTY
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through
Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
To continue in sin will result in spiritual death, which is separation from
God forever. The alternative is to personally receive God's free gift, which
is pardon for sin and provision of life everlasting.

CHRIST PAID THE PENALTY
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners,
Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
You may think you must lead a "good" life and do charitable acts before God
will love you. This is not so. God loves you in your sin. He sent Christ to
die in your place and to pay the penalty for your sin so that you can be
reconciled to Him.

SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is
the gift of God Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8, 9
Grace means undeserved favour. God graciously offers to you what you could
never do for yourself. God's gift to you is free. You do not, and cannot,
work for a gift. All you need to do is receive it. Believe with all your
heart that Jesus Christ died for you to provide deliverance from your sins.

WE MUST RECEIVE CHRIST
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of
God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:12
When you receive Christ - - When you accept what He has done for you - - You
become a child of God. Picture, if you will, Jesus Christ standing at the
door of your life. Invite Him in. He is waiting to be received into your
life.

You can invite Jesus Christ into your life right now by praying to God in
your own word or by following this guideline:

Dear Lord, I know that I am a sinner and that I need your forgiveness. I
believe that Christ died in my place to pay the penalty for my sin and that
He rose from the dead. I now invite Jesus Christ to come into my life as my
Saviour. Thank you for making me your child. Help me learn to please you in
every part of my life.

Promises from the word of God: "For whosoever calls upon the name of the
Lord shall be saved" [Romans 10:13].
If you just received Christ by calling upon the name of the Lord in prayer,
the following took place; your sins were forgiven [Colossians 1:14]; you
became a child of God [John 1:12]; were made Heir to all God's blessings
[Romans 8:16-17]; you now possess everlasting life [1 John 5:12-13].

You became a Christian the moment that you received Christ. Don't trust your
feelings, for they will change, but take God at His word and believe His
promises. Review above passages whenever doubts arise. You should be able to
say with assurance, "I have received Jesus Christ on the authority of God's
word and I have eternal life".

And God grant you all joy and peace in believing [Romans 15:13].