Why Should I Be Anxious?

Von: Hiscoming (salvationnow@kingdom.com) [Profil]
Datum: 31.12.2009 13:01
Newsgroup: uk.singles
Why Should I Be Anxious?

7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.
8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out
her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf
shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither
shall
cease from yielding fruit. Jeremiah 17:7-8

Nils Frykman gave up everything. After growing up in a Christian home, he
felt compelled to leave all behind when revivals swept throughout Sweden
during the 1860s. He dedicated his life to full-time ministry, both in
Sweden and in America, preaching and writing hymns.

One Saturday afternoon, Frykman was on his way to preach, when he became
"overwhelmed by despair, both over my own and other people's sins." He threw
himself to the ground and "cried like a spanked child. Oh, how I prayed, and
how the tears flowed!" As he grappled with sin, Frykman eventually became
overwhelmed by the grace of God. The burden lifted, and he felt God's peace.
It was such an awe-inspiring moment that he wrote a hymn to capture the
wonder of his discovery.

In this hymn, called "Why Should I Be Anxious?" Frykman remembered, "I have
such a Friend, who bears in His heart all my woe; this Friend is the
Saviour, on Him I depend--His love is eternal I know." Frykman realized he
had no reason to worry or be afraid as long as he trusted in the Lord.

As you face the dawn of a new year, remember that you don't have to be
anxious about world conditions or the problems you face! Because Jesus is
your Friend, you don't have to give in to worry or fear! God still is
sovereign over all the earth. He has promised to protect you, provide for
you, and make you fruitful. Trust your life to Him!

Father, I cast my anxieties and cares upon You. Thank You for being my
Friend and show me that Your love is eternal. I trust in You and worship
You! In Jesus' name. Amen.