Silent Confidence

Von: Hiscoming (salvation@salvation.sal) [Profil]
Datum: 21.12.2009 11:36
Newsgroup: uk.singles
Silent Confidence

"When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he was the more afraid; And went
again into the judgment hall, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art thou? But
Jesus gave him no answer." John 19:8-9

Confidence. It is expressed by many through brash actions, arrogance, and
not caring what others think or say. But in His confrontation with Pilate,
Jesus displayed an entirely different kind of confidence: He was silent.
This silence amazed Pilate, the man who represented the Roman Empire and all
its might. He had the authority to spare life or order death. He had seen
countless prisoners beg for their lives when appearing before him. Many had
argued their innocence, been defensive, or appealed for mercy. But Jesus'
silent confidence totally disarmed Pilate.

This silence was possible because Jesus was confident that nothing could
shake Him or influence Him outside of the Father's will. He wasn't
intimidated by Pilate or moved by his pomp and power. Jesus showed no fear
or worry.
In His silence, Jesus was drawing on a strength that a man like Pilate could
never understand. Jesus was so focused on the Kingdom of God that the
kingdoms of this world didn't really matter. He knew that "unless a grain of
wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it
bears much fruit" (John 12:24).

Just the evening before, Jesus had an intense time of prayer in which He
told the Father, "Not My will, but Yours be done" (Luke 22:42). He was
strong in the Spirit and prepared to do the Father's will, regardless of
what that required-though it meant going to the Cross.
Today, God wants you to have this kind of confidence. He wants you to trust
Him completely, in any situation. Refusing to be intimidated, you can be
prepared to be silent, or to speak, as the Spirit leads.

Pray:
Father, thank You for your awesome Presence in my life. I place my trust in
You. Give me boldness to stand for You. I dedicate my life to serving you!
In Jesus' name. Amen.