Your Shepherd's Voice

Von: Hiscoming (salvationnow@kingdom.com) [Profil]
Datum: 31.12.2009 02:47
Newsgroup: uk.singles
Your Shepherd's Voice

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. John 10:27

Does God still speak to people? Some suggest that His voice is silent.
Others think He only speaks to great leaders like Abraham or Moses, Isaiah
or Paul. But Jesus told us He's the Shepherd of all His sheep, and all His
sheep hear His voice! He's with each of us who has called upon Him for
salvation. We trust Him to speak to us.

Jesus said He came that we "may have life, and have it abundantly" (v. 10).
He warned that there's a thief who wants to rob and deceive us, preventing
us from experiencing His abundant life. But we can trust in our Shepherd
Jesus to protect us and provide for us.

When we face choices, how do we know the right decision? Jesus, our
Shepherd, "goes ahead" of us, and "the sheep follow Him because they know
His voice" (v. 4). "He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out" (v.
3).

As you face the future and the beginning of a new year, think about Jesus'
words and His promises to you. Just think! He promised to lead you! Go
before you! Give you His protection, provision, and guidance. If you have
questions, you can call on the Lord. When you face problems in the road, you
can ask Him to show you the way. Why? Because He promised to call you "by
name;" because you can "hear His voice;" and because He came that you might
have abundant life. He wants to direct you in paths of blessing, leading you
to that abundance.

Be on guard against deceptions and distractions from the enemy, "the thief"
(v. 10). Be sure to fill your life with the Bible--God's written Word. And
remember that Jesus is your Shepherd. He is with you today!

Dear Lord Jesus, thank You that You are my Shepherd. I long to hear Your
voice. Speak to me. Guide me. Show me the way I should go. Thank You for
Your peace. In Your name. Amen.