Hilfe & Kontakt

Is Crayfish a Fish - EA Licence

Von: CS (colinstone@hotmail.com) [Profil]
Datum: 08.07.2008 08:12
Message-ID: <1053bc2b-2d67-4119-b09a-a1b05ab9e27f@e39g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>
Newsgroup: uk.rec.fishing.coarse
I'm trapping american crayfish and do I need a licence??  The EA
website indicates that a licence is needed for "Anyone aged 12 years
or over who fishes for salmon, trout, freshwater fish or eels in
England and Wales is required by law to have an Environment Agency Rod
Fishing Licence."

Well, a crayfish is a shellfish, or more correctly a crustacean, and
as far as I am aware it is not a fish.  I am also not using a rod, but
a trap.  So in terms of plain english and definitions I do not require
a licence.


[ Auf dieses Posting antworten ]