Who's got the cash?

Von: Slainte (slainte@example.com) [Profil]
Datum: 02.05.2010 15:17
Newsgroup: uk.finance
First; I know nothing of how world finance models operate, but with all this
talk about financial crisis around the globe I'd like to understand at least
how the model operates (or is supposed to operate).

So, who's got the cash?  With the UK and as far as I can see most of the
European countries running a continual deficit, not to mention USA et al,
where do the loans come from. Who's got the cash?  Are privale/organisations
lending to governments - is that it? Is the entire system  doomed to failure
if the world would simply stop inventing more money?

Can anybody point me to a site that would illustrate how all of this works
on a high level.  I don't need detail - it would only swamp me - something
concise but tells the story.

Cheers.