Personal mobile contract, business use

Von: fred (not@for.mail) [Profil]
Datum: 25.05.2010 23:37
Newsgroup: uk.finance
I'm a bit out of touch with the current state of play on putting
personal mobile bills through the books of a small limited company (one
man band).

The user was a sole trader so used his personal mobile for the business
and the number is now well known as his business mobile. User converts
to Ltd coy but still wants to use this number for the business but the
bills are in his personal name, not the name of the company.

My first thoughts are that he would be in trouble putting these bills
directly through the books, is this right?

If so are there any alternatives, eg paying the bill personally but
getting an allowance from the company to cover the cost of business
calls? Preferably by a fixed allowance rather than by documenting the
business calls. Spend is about £100 month so not to be sniffed at.

Final though is VAT, I'm guessing that VAT can't be recovered on a
personal bill put through the books?

Converting to a business tariff is possible but it's Orange and he would
lose free home broadband.
--
fred
FIVE TV's superbright logo - not the DOG's, it's bollocks