taken to the cleaners by bent receivers and the like

Von: thedarkman (a_baron@abaron.demon.co.uk) [Profil]
Datum: 16.05.2010 17:34
Newsgroup: uk.financemisc.legal uk.legal
I've recently been contacted by someone I knew a while ago through my
research work. In 2008 he had a small business debt, under 2 grand.

I don't have the full story but he went into hospital for treatment
for a couple of weeks - he's getting on a bit now - and let it get out
of hand.

The bottom line is that Price Waterhouse and associated scum have run
up a "debt" of sixty grand with all sorts of creative book-keeping.

My friend hasn't been served very well by his own lawyer but it seems
every way he turns they're coming after him for money.

Does anyone have any (intelligent) suggestions as to what he should
do?

I thought at first the court wouldn't entertain this sort of nonsense
but I've just seen something even more ridiculous where the High Court
has given a judgment for over 300 grand over a relatively trivial
property dispute.

Thanks in advance