Pension Settlement re:spousal pension

Von: Davao (tallymo2@googlemail.com) [Profil]
Datum: 28.05.2010 12:35
Newsgroup: uk.finance
Hi all.
I have more than a half a shout at voluntary redundancy in the near
future.
I am 55 and stand to receive my LGPS pension without acturial
reduction.
This pension includes a spousal pension in the event of my clogs
acquiring a status of 'Popped'
eg, Fall under the wheels of a bus.
The spousal pension after I stop breathing will be about £4000
However, the spousal pension is based upon the assumption that her age
is within 3 years of mine.
But the wife is 15 years younger than myself so I assume the pension
chiefs would probably
prefer to negotiate a different kind of deal.
Does anyone know what kind of settlement they might offer in this
situation?

Thanks.

Arthur