B&Q - the dirty bas...

Von: John Whitworth (sexyjw@g_eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee_mail.com) [Profil]
Datum: 05.06.2010 23:14
Newsgroup: uk.d-i-y
Needed some sanding sheets the other day, and  so nipped along to B&Q. Wow!
Result! The overpriced sanding sheets were all on 3-for-2. So I buy more
than I immediately need, but in the knowledge that I'll use them eventually.
End up buying 6 items, and put them through the self-scanner in the
following order:

£8.08
£7.18
£7.18
£5.58
£5.58
£5.58

And guess what they took off in the totals? £7.18 + £5.58? Or £5.58 +
£5.58?

The latter, of course. Annoying - as if I'd done it as two transactions,
that's what I'd have got. Wonder what the legalities of that are? It
certainly differs from the way Boots or Sainsburys do this, where they
refund like groups of three. In my instance, I lost out on £1.60 - but
imagine if the first group of three had been £15.75, £15.75 and £14.20
for
instance!! I'd have been expecting £14.20 + £5.58.

JW