How to cut a "nice" hole in an engineered wood floor

Von: Tim Downie (timdownie2003@yahoo.co.uk) [Profil]
Datum: 07.06.2010 19:59
Newsgroup: uk.d-i-y
I rather suspect that sometime in the not too distant future I'm going to
have to get access to a pipe joint that has been rattled rather loose by a
water hammer (now fixed).  It was in the process of sorting the water hammer
that I found that the pipe joint in question is relatively loose (i.e. I can
swivel the pipe fairly easily) but it's not directly accessible.

I suspect at some point I'll just have to bit the bullet and cut an access
hatch but being a wooden floor, I can't hide the hatch under the carpet.
Any tips on how best to do this short of relaying a large section of
flooring?  I'm not sure whether it will be possible to get more matching
flooring for any repairs.

Tim