drain relining

Von: RobertL (robertmlaws@yahoo.com) [Profil]
Datum: 07.06.2010 09:48
Newsgroup: uk.d-i-y
Does anyone have experience with drain relining?    Was it OK?  Did
rodding damage it aftrerwards?

Our gable wall is moving slowly down and out and the likely cause is
that the foul drain is leaking.    The house is victorian so the wall
footings are shallow.  The drain runs parallel to the wall about 1
metre down and about 1 metre away but gradually gets closer and
eventually bends and passes under the wall.   The drain is the usual
cermaic clazed clay sections with mortar/sand at the joints (125mm ID
I think).   By the time it reaches our house it carries the output of
4 houses.

"Lanes for Drains" did the TV survey which showed  three joints
displaced 'moderately' and they propose that we locally patch them.
They do this from inside the drain with a special 'pig' which holds
the patch against the drain wall while the glue sets.

They can also reline the whole drain, although they did not propose
this.  It's about 12 metres long.  This would cover all the joints.

Many thanks for any comments anyone cares to make.

Robert