Varnish

Von: PeterC (giraffenos.pam@homecall.co.uk) [Profil]
Datum: 06.06.2010 09:42
Newsgroup: uk.d-i-y
Almost finished a tin of Ronseal Ultra-tough PU varnish. It seems to be OK,
but it doesn't set - or takes a long time - on some hardwoods and I have
quite a lot of such wood that get used fro various things.

I need to get some more varnish, pref. satin, and wonder what the best sort
is. It's for things like small shelves and tables and sometimes wood used
outside, so needs to withstand heat, abrasion, water etc.

I don't go for '24 coats rubbed down between' sort of finish but do need
something that's fairly easy to apply (the Ronseal stays wet for long
enough even in warm weather to do a reasonable area).

Ronseal Diamond Hard Floor Varnish Satin from SF looks OK but is a lot more
than I need!

Any suggestions please?
--
Peter.