Electrical Diversity - Still Not Clear

Von: TheScullster (phil@dropthespam.com) [Profil]
Datum: 07.06.2010 13:29
Newsgroup: uk.d-i-y
Hi all

OK so I'm obviously being majorly dumb here, but I am still struggling with
this diversity issue when applied to kitchen white goods!

Looking at the "connected power" figures (in watts) from a Bosch technical
specs publication I get the following figures:
(note that where alternatives are stated, these are values for different
models)

Dishwasher 1900 or 2500
Microwave 1220 or 1900
Washing machine 2300
Condensing Dryer 1.9kWhr (is this the same as 1900w?)
Kettle 3000

It would surprise me greatly if the average family doesn't regularly have
all this stuff running at the same time at some time during a normal week.
But that lot adds up to 10320watts - 43A on a 32A ring.
So where does the diversity bit come in?

I am considering a single oven, designed to run off a 13A supply, but if I
add that to the above load it looks like meltdown city!

So, can I take a fused spur off my cooker feed to reduce the ring load or is
this not necessary

TIA

Phil