Joining the ends of two pieces of OSB

Von: David WE Roberts (davidweroberts@spamtrap.invalid) [Profil]
Datum: 05.06.2010 15:39
Newsgroup: uk.d-i-y
Ignoring a lot of good advice I've gone for OSB fascia boarding.

I will have '3 and a bit' pieces of 16" board 2.4m long as the front of the
roof is 8.1m long.

I plan to join (glue) the boards together along an offset to provide a
stronger joint and also to mask the join if possible.
However I now have to work out the angle of the join.

45 degrees seems a bit extreme with a lot of wastage, although obviously I
do have some scope as I have about 1.4m over on the run.
[Just went out and checked with my trusty square and ruler and the wastage
is about 40.5mm so I could do this for 3 joins and still have a small margin
for error.]

Any advice?

Also, any alternatives to epoxy resin for doing the join?

Cheers

Dave R

P.S.
Wood will not be going up today because there isn't enough time to fully
treat the reverse then fix, glue, and seal.
Thunderstorms predicted for tomorrow 06:00.
Therefore I will be tacking up some black plastic sheeting as fascia,
windows and doors tonight to make the front reasonably weather tight.