video camera tape problem

Von: dave (davenpat@btopenowrld.com) [Profil]
Datum: 06.06.2010 17:17
Newsgroup: uk.d-i-y
I have had some old video 8 camera tapes transfered to DVD. The first 3
were fine, but the final and most precious to him has gone dark and
taken on colour casts.

Is anyone clued up on how this could happen? I suspect that it was a
storgage problem i.e. how close the tape was stored near to magnetic
fields, etc. The first 3 tapes were kept in the camera and case in a
garage, but I don't know about the 4th one.

Had they been photos, I would have just fired up PhotoShop and corrected
it, but I have no experience of doing this to video.

Dave