Solvent weld waste pipe (again)

Von: Roger Mills (watt.tyler@gmail.com) [Profil]
Datum: 08.06.2010 20:35
Newsgroup: uk.d-i-y
I'm about to re-jig a bathroom where the bath waste is piped in solvent
weld pipe which is 43mm in diameter, and the fittings say 43mm.

However, no-one seems to sell 43mm waste pipe - it is all listed as
40mm! Looking for clues via Google seems to suggest that the OD of 40mm
solvent weld pipe IS 43mm (presumably with the ID being 40mm)- but I
cannot find an explicit statement to this effect.

Can anyone re-assure me that, if I buy some "40mm" pipe and fittings,
they will marry up ok with the existing 43mm (actual) pipe?

TIA.
--
Cheers,
Roger