Hilfe & Kontakt

External socket for providing power to camper van.

Von: David WE Roberts (davidweroberts@spamtrap.invalid) [Profil]
Datum: 08.06.2010 15:13
Message-ID: <876u0hF76hU1@mid.individual.net>
Newsgroup: uk.d-i-y
I've looked through the Wiki on taking power outside and read the bits about
single external socket on an existing ring and RCD protection.

I can't immediately find anything about installing the single external

What I want to do is to put a female blue round pin outlet with a spring
cover and pointing downwards (just like you get on campsites) on an external
wall near to an internal 13A socket so I can take a spur through the wall.

This to replace the current arangement where the cable goes through a partly
open window and has a [round pin <-> 13A] adapter to plug into an internal

The sockets themselves look reasonably priced, e.g.
assuming this is the sort of thing I should be using.

As far as I can tell I have only MCBs (MEM M6) in the fuse board and a
single whole house RCD so presumably I will have to add an RCD to stop the
whole house tripping should there be a problem.

Plan is therefore roughly to install a switched spur internally
incorporating an RCD, take a cable through the wall and into the back of an
external socket.
Interesting part may be sealing the back of the external socket to the wall
as the wall is a sharp shell pebbledash.

Oh, and if I do this in the (very long) kitchen/diner in the diner part is
this something that falls foul of Part P?


Dave R
No plan survives contact with the enemy.

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

[ Auf dieses Posting antworten ]